Thursday, November 3, 2011

Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

Before you read any further, I already know what you're thinking. Please tell me she is NOT going to suggest that I put that smelly stuff in my hair. I know, it's okay. Trust me, I thought the same thing before I tried it. And yes, the smell is pretty strong. But here's the good news: it goes away when you condition your hair! Want more good news? It leaves your scalp squeaky clean while getting rid of any product build-up or residue. After massaging the rinse into my scalp with my fingertips (never scratch your scalp with your nails), I rinse it out with water. Afterwards, my scalp tingles all over with joy, and my scalp and hair are so clean!

Not only are ACV rinses good for cleansing your scalp, they're also good for smoothing down your cuticles. ACV is more on the acidic side, and is close to the pH of our hair. Therefore it causes the cuticles on the hair shaft to lay down, resulting in smoother, shinier hair.

I really love doing apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinses. I mix one part ACV with three parts water and apply with a squirt bottle to my wet hair. After massaging it into my scalp and squeezing it down my hair, I rinse it out then apply my Satinique Moisturising Detangler Conditioner and proceed with the detangling process.

If you haven't tried an ACV rinse yet, you definitely should. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...