Sunday, November 20, 2011

Straightening Q&A

Source
Now that I've finally straightened my hair, you may be asking yourself some questions...

So how long is your hair??
My Hubby measured it with a tape measure and it is 16 inches at the longest point. It is just past BSL and I can grab it when I reach up my back.

How long did it take you to straighten your hair?
About 3 hours. I really took my time, making sure to handle my hair gently.

Are you mixed?
No, I am not mixed. Both of my parents are black.

Your ends look rough...are you going to trim your hair while it's straight?
No, I am not going to trim my hair. Since my goal is to retain length, I am going to stick with my "search and destroy" method of trimming, rather than just trimming to trim. After all, it is a myth that trimming helps your hair grow. Yes, it helps your hair grow healthy and prevents split ends from ruining entire strands of hair, but it does not make your hair longer. Think about it: you're cutting your hair! lol (It took me a while to realize this, lol.) My rough ends don't bother me since I'm wearing my hair curly most the time anyway.

Are you planning on growing it any longer?
Yes, my current goal is to grow it waist length (when stretched). I also want to grow out the layers so my hair is long and almost even in length.

How long are you going to wear it straight?
As of right now I don't plan on straightening my hair again for several months, but I have yet made a final decision.

Will you ever use the creamy crack again?
No, I don't plan to. I am absolutely head-over-heels in LOVE with my natural hair. I couldn't imagine going back to the creamy crack.

Any other questions? Please feel free to comment or email me at nyasmaman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...