Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blogging, Motherhood & Instagram

So...What happens when you're a stay-at-home mom preggo with Baby #2 and chasing around your 2-year-old? 
August 25, 2013...almost full term!

You stop blogging!

To be completely transparent - which is how I strive to live my life - for a while there I wasn't sure that I would continue my blog. I subconsciously put blogging on the back burner and instead focused my energy and attention on spending time with our daughter and preparing for our new baby. Our precious new addition was due to arrive on September 28 (she ended up making an early debut on September 17). And as that date drew nearer, I found myself becoming more and more immersed in daily activities with our daughter, careful not to miss a moment as I emotionally prepared for her to never again be my one and only baby. Gosh, that was harder than I imagined. The first time I saw Puuddy after "Avaberry" arrived, I cried as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto the hospital bed with me. I couldn't hold back the tears that flowed from my heart because she instantly looked so big, so far from my womb....I'm still coping with that, trying to adjust to her growth that seems to increase by leaps and bounds daily. I'm not sure that I'll ever get over it. It's bringing tears to my eyes now just thinking about it.

I haven't been completely inactive though. During the interim I have become a big-time "Instagrammer." If you aren't on Instagram, all I gotta say is...you've gotta join! I began doing "mini blog posts" on there - yep, my name is "forhisglorynatural" there as well :) - and found that there's a lot of interest in natural hair on IG. I even gave up Facebook for a while (I'm still not active on there) and now post solely on IG.
Me & Hubby on our last parents-of-one-child date night...
3 days before Avaberry's arrival!

Now Avaberry is here and my life will never be the same. I can't believe how blessed I am, that God chose me to be the mother of these two beautiful, precious little girls. With all the other responsibilities that seem to constantly vie for my attention, being the example of a Godly woman, mother and wife that my daughters need to see is one of my top priorities. But I also feel called to do more.

Which brings me to this blog.

I've decided to keep it going. The reason I'm continuing it is not the reason I started it, but that doesn't matter. As a good friend of mine always says, seasons change. I'm simply in a different season of my life now. Very different. I'm a wife, stay-at-home, homeschooling mom (oh yeah, did I mention that?) and a natural hair blogger. My life, just like yours, is multi-dimensional. So to try to compartmentalize it into categories seems foolish because it's all connected. Whereas before I pretty much blogged about only natural hair, now my posts will be a reflection of my life - my crazy, imperfect, unpredictable and oftentimes hilarious life. But in everything it is my sincere hope and prayer that my light shines brightly for and points to the One who made me, my Father in heaven. He is the reason I am living. It is For His Glory that I do what I do. 

So here I am, beginning my blogging journey again. Won't you join me? :)

                      
For His Glory,


Lauren


2 comments:

  1. First of all, WOW. You gorgeous mother-of-two, you!!

    Second, I'm thrilled to hear you're continuing to blog and remain in awe of all you do each day. You are truly an inspiration! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sissie, you always know how to make me feel so special! I love you. I can't thank you enough for all your constant support. You will always be my Sissieloo <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...