Monday, September 3, 2012

Have You Tried This??

I love the definition of my braid-outs! I purposefully don't separate the sections any further
so I can prolong the life of the braid-out and delay the frizz that comes so naturally to my hair.
                                      
I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but this technique always gives me gorgeous, incredibly defined braid-outs.

I call it "gel sealing." 

I've posted about this before but I love it so much that I had to write about it again and post some more pics. I begin with freshly washed, conditioned and detangled hair that is separated into 6 sections. Then I spritz each section with water, making sure the hair is really wet. Several months ago I mixed up a combination of natural oils, and this product works so well for my hair that I started selling it (email me to place your order). Taking one section at a time, I apply this blend to my hair to seal and then smooth a little gel over the hair. Once all the product has been applied, I braid up the hair, twisting my ends on themselves to prevent frizzing. Since my hair is so thick it takes at least 24 hours to dry completely in braids, and since I don't like sitting under the dryer, this is how I wear my hair while the braids are drying. The results? A lovely, super-defined braid-out! The best part is there is no flaking and my hair is actually soft, not crispy. It doesn't even feel like I put any gel in it!
The headband and scarf are pressing down the flyaways,
which are especially noticeable at my crown due to my
"halo" that is still growing in.

Yes, my hair is thick and I have a LOT of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...