Monday, December 5, 2011

Interesting Phenomenon...


I've been thinking about this lately: what is it about human beings that we always want what we don't have?
Before I straightened my hair two weeks ago, I could not WAIT to wear my hair straight. Admittedly, I'd delayed myself the gratification of straightening it for 7 months, so it'd been a long time comin'. But then something interesting happened. My hair hadn't been straight for but a few days when I began to miss my curly hair and twists. I'd see women wearing their hair natural and think: Gosh, when my hair was curly I could easily strike up a conversation with other natural ladies, knowing that we would have something in common to talk about. But with my hair straight, I feel like they don't give me a second glance...I feel like I have a relaxer again....Now that my hair is curly and twisted again, I'm so happy to have my hair "back," but at the same time I still miss my hair being straight. Am I alone in this? What is it about women and our hair? Is it just me or do we always want the best of both worlds, AT ONCE??


I don't believe this phenomenon is unique to the natural hair community, or to myself for that matter....


What do YOU think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...