Monday, February 20, 2012

Protein, Softening Shampoo & Shedding

Just wanted to give a quick update about my recent protein treatment. Last time I did the ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment, which is a more intensive - and involved - process. This time I went with their Keratin Two-Minute Reconstructor. I intend to include this in my regimen, at least for the next couple of wash days, as I really saw great results from it (maybe because I used a clarifying shampoo beforehand this time, which allowed the protein to bond to my hair better?). Upon completing the treatment, even before applying my deep conditioner, my hair felt much stronger and softer, which I totally didn't expect after a protein treatment. When I set my hair in bantu knots the following night, I saw very little shedding, which was a first for me. 


A couple of notes on the steps I took...


1) Softened my shampoo 2 oz of a sulfate shampoo, 1 oz of water, 1 oz of grapeseed oil. Applied to my scalp, section by section, with a spray bottle. Squeezed it down each section. I was pleasantly surprised that my hair didn't become dry and overly tangled.


2) Moisturizing Conditioner Followed the treatment with my favorite moisturizing conditioner (even though the directions didn't call for it). Normally I detangle with my conditioner in, but this time I decided to detangle with my leave-in conditioner.


3) Deep Conditioned Added 2 tbsp of blue agave nectar (I've seen better results with this than honey) and 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil to my deep conditioner.

Instead of twisting my hair as usual, I set my hair in about 8 big twists and called it a night. It felt wonderful saving all that time on styling! The next morning I took out the twists and pulled my hair back in a ponytail. By the end of the day, my hair was mostly dry and my ends still looked somewhat defined. YAY for small victories :)
Sorry for the poor lighting, but you get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...