Thursday, March 15, 2012

Big Hair, Big Confidence

While wearing my hair in a big braid-out recently, I noticed something: I felt more confident. At first I thought it was because of how I was wearing my hair. But then I realized that it wasn't my hair that was lending me confidence, but rather the way I've been thinking that has brought on this new level of confidence.

I've been writing a lot lately about philosophies or thought processes and how they affect our lives. Now more than ever before I understand how true this is. You see, because I decided to change how I think about myself (yes, how you think is always a choice) then I became more confident, not only in who I am, but in what I pursue. Once I got honest with myself about how I thought about certain areas of my life, then it became much easier to change my thought process in those areas - for the better. It's kind of like I "cleaned house" internally and removed all the junk that had been clogging up my thoughts for years and preventing me from moving forward.

As for my big hair? Let me tell you, it doesn't hurt feeling as fabulous on the outside as I do on the inside! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...