Friday, November 16, 2012

Waist Length...Technically

I’m not even sure how to start this post because when I straightened my hair four days ago (which was the first time since May) I wasn’t expecting much growth because I hadn't been as diligent with my regimen. So I was definitely surprised to discover that it had grown to my waist at its longest point. And to be quite honest, I wasn’t that excited. I know, I know. It’s been a goal that I’ve been focusing on for months and it’s because of that goal that my hair has grown at all. But it didn’t happen the way I intended. Okay, now I sound like I’m whining so let me start over.

When I set a goal, it’s all good if I hit the goal, but if I blow it out of the water and hit it with excellence or better yet surpass it, then I feel like I’ve succeeded. Yes, I hit my goal of waist length hair…but it wasn’t with healthy ends so it doesn’t really count to me. I take full responsibility for the split ends though. A combination of laziness and lack of time contributed to those unhealthy ends for sure.

I’ve always envisioned having a full head of healthy hair when I hit the goal, so that is my goal still. But I took pictures of my length check on Monday so I can remember this moment of my journey. It serves as a crucial reminder of the Slight Edge (a must-read, by the way) and how everything in nature–especially us–is in a constant state of either growth or stagnation and decay. We have control over where we fall on that scale by the little things we choose to do or not do every single day to improve ourselves and grow. I’m not doing the book any justice though. It is the precursor of all “self-help” books, the foundation upon which you build self-help principles. A must-read, as I said.

I trimmed it on Tuesday because I couldn’t stand how the ends were tangling. Then I had my Mom check my work and take off a little more yesterday (she’s the only person I allow near my head with scissors! Lol). I still love my long hair, even though it’s a bit shorter now. And I must say, I am really enjoying wearing my hair straight! I think I might wear it this way more often…hmm….

I’m sharing the pictures to inspire other ladies out there who may read my blog and wonder if they too can have long, healthy hair. If you’ve never read my bio on here, having long hair down my back has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. If I can do it, anyone can do it! Be encouraged, Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...