Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FHGN Hits the Red Carpet!!

This past Saturday, ForHis Glory Natural hit the red carpet for the first time! This was my first fashion event, so my dear friend and celebrity stylist Tish Thomas, Director and Founder of #1 Fashionista Inc., styled me. I was beyond excited!!

Walk the Talk is hosted by Philadelphia teen Fashionista Tweety Elitou and is described on her blog as an event that “has become one of Philadelphia’s most talked about affairs as it has pulled together many distinguished fashion stylists, designers and bloggers from as close to New York and as far as the Virgin Islands” (younghipchic.onsugar.com). I must quickly admit that I would not have been able to get into this event if not for Tish’s connections. While mingling with the 100+ guests, Tish introduced me to several people and by the end of the evening I’d become acquainted with photographers, bloggers, local business owners and more. (And of course I exchanged business cards, which was great!) But better yet, I walked away from the event with new friends. So in my book that was a successful event!

Now of course you know I had to make sure my hair was on point!! LOL! For the look Tish wanted to achieve, she suggested a high bun. I was relieved because after our trip to KOP Mall on Friday, I didn’t have any time (or energy) the night before to wash and set my hair for a braid-out as I’d originally planned. Fortunately I’d taken out my twists on Thursday night so even though my hair was dirty (I’ll talk about that later, lol!) it still looked nice as I was reaping the benefits of “second day hair.” I whipped out my sock bun, my green tea spray bottle, hair ties, bobby pins, gel and…ta-da! I had a huge high bun, lol. This was my first time pulling a twist-out into a sock bun and I loved the texture it gave to the style. It was a nice complement to the look Tish put together as well.
Love how my twisty coils were poppin'!
It looks a bit fuzzy because I didn't have a chance to take a pic until
the end of the night.
My dear friend and Director & Founder of #1 Fashionista, Inc. Tish Thomas
You can keep up with Tish and her latest projects here.

Didn't Tish do an amazing job?! I was so thrilled with the finished look!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...