Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Greater Than Me

Source
To be quite honest, I was a little hesitant to start posting on topics other than hair. After all, my passion for hair was the whole reason I created this blog. But I knew that if I didn't then I wouldn't be honoring God. I wasn't sure what to expect, but whenever I receive positive feedback from any one of my Facebook friends - even if it's only one person - it's confirmation for me that I'm in God's will. And if I can touch one life, if my example can inspire just one other person to reach for that Greatness inside of them and step out on faith, then I know I've been successful in letting my light shine For His Glory.

Can I tell you, it's the most amazing and humbling feeling, running and keeping this blog For His Glory. Every time someone messages me and shares how my journey has touched them, I stop whatever I'm doing and, through tears that I cannot hold back, thank God for using me to help that person hear His voice.

Yesterday it hit me that this 5K is not about me; it isn't even about fundraising for breast cancer research (I know that sounds awful, but please hear my heart): it's about inspiring those around me to do whatever it is that God has laid on their hearts to do. I mean, He gives me all these awesome ideas for posts every time I run. I know these ideas are not my own because I'm just not that awesome, haha, but they are my responsibility to post.

Every time I run, I now realize that it isn't just for me, but for someone else as well. 

This is greater than me.

2 comments:

  1. If you can't share what you believe on your own personal blog then where can you? :-). Being a Christian is a lifestyle so you can't help but acknowledge God on here. Kudos! He's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...