Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Won't Go Back

Right now is the moment
Today is the day
I've been changed
I've been changed.
I have waited for this moment to come
And I won't let it pass me by.


I won't go back
I can't go back
To the way it used to be
Before Your Presence came and changed me.
~"I Won't Go Back" by William McDowell


This song encapsulates how I've been feeling lately: like a new creature. I know in my heart that my old self has passed away and I am so glad!!! I feel like I've been asleep all my life and have just woke up to who I really am and, what's more, who I can still become in Christ.


Yesterday as I walked onto that high school track to run sprints with this song playing in my earphones, I couldn't keep the tears from welling up. With every once of my being I knew that I have waited for this moment to come - for me to know in my heart that I am reaching for my potential every. single. day. That there is literally no cap on how far I can go if I consistently push myself and strive to fulfill that greatness in me that yearns to be tapped into and let out every day. 


I used to be shy, timid, afraid and unsure of myself. Like a child, I would take one step forward only to take two steps back, as if I were ashamed of having tried to become the person God made me to be. I trusted and relied only on myself to become, instead of trusting God.


I won't go back
I can't go back
To the way it used to be
Before Your Presence came and changed me.


God WANTS to take you higher...will you let Him?


2 comments:

  1. I'm SO proud of you Babe! I didn't think it was possible for you to become a better wife, mother, etc. but your proving everyday that you can and more importantly ARE. You re not only an excellent example and inspiration to myself, but many many others. Stay in His will and continue to let Him guide you. I'm excited to have a front row seat to watch it unfold. But I'Ym more excited about being right there with you step by step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Babe!! Your support and encouragement means so much to me! I love you so much and I thank God for you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...